Monday, March 29, 2010

long needled pines

i spent the last four days in Spokane WA.
it is a nice place with many long needled pines.
three intense days of coaching at the Pacific Northwest Qualifier.
we left town at 4am on a plane home to Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City is my home. for now.
this coming week we will travel to Baltimore.
and i will be back in the east. for a week.
I will be home for a week.
I have found the saying "home is where the heart is"
to be false. my heart is where my family is.
where green trees overshadow low bushes and brush
where familiar rivers are close.
My home is where i live and the community which surrounds me.
I cannot leave the home i have found in utah. for now.
because this is the work i want to be doing,
the music i want to be writing,
the sunday dinner i hate missing.
But my heart is my family and when i visit Pennsylvania
i know this, even before i get there.
i feel my blood circulating more easily,
the oxygen of the lower, greener land saturates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment