Saturday, July 4, 2009

In a boat with no one

My story is told by, those who hate
if they want my heart, like hell, they'll wait
for a clear blue sky, an un-obstructed sun
on a vacant sea with no one.

My blood flows fine, inside my veins
until the last chorus, and its refrain
when you lift your hands, as if in praise
but you suffer your week, as always
you suffer. and you're weak. as always.

I hear in your town, you all have guns
you shoot for fun, and then some
i can't believe, in a faith that pleas
pleas for justice, with weapons.

If you expect to understand, just how i breath
smoke fifty years of cigarettes, and then you'll know with ease
because the sea was never this kind,
if you judge my life by this, you'd say its fine
there is something wrong with how you're freed
when you fortune is wrapped up, and guaranteed.

My story is old, I feel its fate
it drags me down, so I sit and wait
under a clear blue sky, an un-obstructed sun
on a vacant sea in a boat with no one.

for Jerry - friend, nam-vet, co-worker.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm. thought provoking. i've always liked you owen, for how you make me think. -b

    ReplyDelete