Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Adalaid

It kills me like a mid-april freeze
To know you somehow still believe
If I sleep, I sleep with anger
Even then my dreams are plagued with danger.

I try to climb a hill every day
Till I can much more strongly say
That I'm lost and I'm falling
This engine is cold and its stalling.

I find the sun still shines through your eyelids
When hell draws close your lashes singe
While you raise prayers for the jaded
and for souls beat-down and faded.

When you ride the river you'll feel the wind
The peace you claim will fill your skin
But we've all been deflated
By jagged rocks you've evaded.

You're a down-trod angel Adalaid
Who's scarcely sinned or been afraid
If you should say a prayer
Use your innocence and share.

You must know, we're all groping.
Mere heathens, hoping.
That your God, is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment