Sunday, January 3, 2010

both eyes wide.

I have never felt like a visitor in my own home,
nor as lonely in my hometown. until now.
It was never too hard leaving my family for an adventure,
never did it evoke a tear. until now.
I have become an individual for better or worse,
it makes me lonely. I miss home.
I miss the Pennsylvania creeks. the intense green of summer.
I miss knowing my family in the everyday details.
But I realize now that it is not solved by my return.
It makes me feel a bit like a stranger.
I am a different person visiting home environs.
So much of my history is carved in the dirt here.
Though now wheels have been lashed to my feet. and i roll on.
without brakes. over dirt that has hardened.
on toward what is uncertain and inconsistent.
my brakes are my bare hands, knees, and elbows.
no longer is a helmet provided.
I realize that I am the driver praying for traveling mercies,
both eyes wide.


No comments:

Post a Comment