Wednesday, December 9, 2009

growing dim

you moved your glass to the top shelf
stomach your dinner and disguise the smell
hand me plastic wish me well
offer me your flip flops for my trek to hell

you broke my last few ribs
the ones that keep my skin from caving in
you feed the darkness in my head
the monsters that I tamed you now have bred

now they are wilder than before
and more blood thirsty than their parents were
the lowest thunder is our growl
I begin to stomp my feet and howl

I'm an animal but to no avail
and though I try to love, I always fail
while my hair is fierce my instinct is trim
the hopes I hide are growing dim

I've wandered to far to the west
too close to the setting sun tends to depress
you should feel the choking in my chest
the knotting in my veins may soon be my rest

give me the vision or a healthy bail
this faith seems like an escape for the ill-prepared

and now I'm wilder than before
though no more lost than my parents were
the smoke i breath is foul
I begin to stomp my feet and howl

I'm an animal but to no avail
though I try to love I always fail
while my hair if fierce my instinct is trim
and the hopes I hide are growing dim
the hopes I hide are growing dim


No comments:

Post a Comment